We process the sensory input around us differently and this can greatly impact learning.
This ebook will walk you through understanding sensory needs, identifying individual sensory needs and give you practical tips and ideas to support and help regulate the senses of children or adults in your care.
This guide is aimed at teachers, support assistants, SENCO’s, professionals, as well as parents and carers. It will help you to think about environmental adaptations, as well as daily sensory based tasks, to ensure individuals receive necessary sensory input, or to help block out the stimuli which may be causing lack of focus or discomfort.
Supporting sensory needs will have a substantial impact on an individuals ability to learn and focus. In turn, appropriate sensory intervention will support the regulation of an individual, which will have a marked effect on their well being and behaviour.
‘Meeting Sensory Needs’ will teach you:
- a good understanding of different sensory needs and the impact on learning
- how to identify individual sensory needs
- practical ideas to meet individual sensory needs
- inclusive class or group strategies to meet sensory needs
- real life examples of how different sensory needs have been met in the classroom and the impact on learning